November 13, 2023
Stellantis Mobilizes the Next Generation During Second Annual Global Student Awards Program
- Global Student Awards program celebrates continuous learning, recognizing more than 600 recent high school and university graduates of Stellantis employees from 24 countries with a monetary award
- Stellantis Chairman John Elkann, Chief Executive Officer Carlos Tavares and Chief Human Resources & Transformation Officer Xavier Chéreau recognized winners during an online award ceremony
- Six regional winners – including five women – received the Sergio Marchionne Award of Excellence out of nearly 250 applicants, recognizing them as young leaders with a passion for a brighter future
- Nearly 15,000 students recognized with a monetary award since the program’s launch in Italy in 1996
AMSTERDAM - The Stellantis Student Awards today concluded its second global program celebrating more than 600 graduates of Stellantis employees for their dedication to continuous learning and education with a monetary award. This year, the applicants were asked to explain how they would offer decarbonized mobility that is affordable and accessible to all.
Stellantis Chairman John Elkann and Chief Executive Officer Carlos Tavares recognized the award recipients during an online ceremony, including the six regional winners of the Sergio Marchionne Award of Excellence. Forty-six percent of the more than 600 award winners applied for the secondary recognition, by submitting a video answering the question, “What does a great company to work for mean to you?” The six regional winners – including five women – were given the opportunity to interview for a position within Stellantis.
Sergio Marchionne Award Winners:
- Yutong Wu, China
- Delia Alfonso Lomba, Enlarged Europe
- Vaishnavi Mangesh Kodalkar, India & Asia Pacific
- Boiketlo Mokoena, Middle East & Africa
- Mehmet Tascioglu, North America
- Paula Luiza Correa da Silva Santos, South America
“We are proud to support students from various cultures and regions around the world,” said John Elkann, Stellantis Chairman. “For nearly 30 years, the Student Awards have celebrated young, diverse talent. It is our responsibility to continue this tradition, which reflects Stellantis’ positive contributions to our communities.”
“Embracing the power of this next generation is how we will continue to improve Stellantis,” said Carlos Tavares, Stellantis CEO. “I want to thank all the students who contributed their time to apply and share their ideas with us. Life is a continuous journey of learning, and through this process, we honor these emerging leaders, as we endeavor to improve the quality of life for all.”
“We are equally proud of the students as we are of their parents, who are one of our greatest assets,” said Xavier Chéreau, Stellantis Chief Human Resources and Transformation Officer. “Because of their diversity and enthusiasm, these students represent a talented new generation that inspires us to drive sustainable and equitable growth for a better future.”
Originally established as a regional program 27 years ago, the Stellantis Student Awards concludes its second year as a global program, representing six regions and 24 countries, continuing the same spirit that education and learning will contribute to a sustainable future for everyone. Since 1996, nearly 15,000 high school and university graduates have been recognized.
Stellantis N.V. (NYSE: STLA / Euronext Milan: STLAM / Euronext Paris: STLAP) is one of the world’s leading automakers and a mobility provider. Its storied and iconic brands embody the passion of their visionary founders and today’s customers in their innovative products and services, including Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS Automobiles, Fiat, Jeep®, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, Vauxhall, Free2move and Leasys. Powered by our diversity, we lead the way the world moves – aspiring to become the greatest sustainable mobility tech company, not the biggest, while creating added value for all stakeholders as well as the communities in which it operates. For more information, visit www.stellantis.com.